Tuesday 2 December 2008

Far From The Madding Crowd in Mallorca

Finca Ca'n Corritx, Ca'n Picafort 26.11.08

I sit on my vast terrace looking out over the lush Mallorcan countryside. I’m 3kms away from the hustle and bustle of touristville, but it feels a million miles away.




I watch the horses in the field. I hear the cockerel crowing and fussing over his girls (it’s midday but he’s never quite got the hang of the early morning wakeup call).


I gaze over to the Tramuntana mountain range rising majestically in the distance, far beyond the line of pine trees that signals the extent of my world.


A soft thud comes from behind me. Another juicy orange is ripe and ready for eating.






A warm breeze sends ripples over the surface of the expansive swimming pool and rustles the leaves of the palm trees bordering the tennis courts.









I fleetingly consider hitting a few balls, but decide to go back to quiet contemplation.










Finca Ca'n Corritx, 3kms from Ca'n Picafort, North Mallorca


Typical farmhouse sympathetically extended as “agro turismo” hotel
Friendly owners live on site
4 two bedroom, two bathroom apartments
3 one bedroom apartments
All with large private terrace and barbequeAir conditioning / Central heating
Fully fitted kitchen with ceramic hob, oven, microwave, toaster, washing machine, iron and ironing board Maximum 22 guests
Magnificent swimming pool with children’s section

Shaded seating area
Private tennis court
Orange and lemon groves
Landscaped gardens
Extensive farmland and stables to explore
Tel and fax: 00 34 971 53 84 00
Contact Bernardo



Open all year round.
(Please note the owners don't speak much English. Contact me if you would like me to help you with your communication. Happy holidays. Cheers, Susan.)

No comments: